Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A few thoughts about Recipes for a Good Time (and yes there is a local studies connection)

Recipes for a Good TimeRecipes for a Good Time by Ben Milgate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I borrowed this book from my local public library because I have been to Portenos and the food is amazing. I wanted to see how it was described in this book. Some of the recipes, like some of the cooking with fire ones, would need not only my back yard, but those of my neighbours as well. Some are scalable, but other recipes are for parties for the entire block.

I want to try a banana cake recipe (with whisky) as it sounds amazing, as do the pickle and sauce recipes. There are some lovely salads, breads and of course many different ways with meat. It is a lovely book, and I look forward to trying some of the recipes.

This is another local studies recipe book. Parts of the book describe the search for restaurant locations, and include information and photographs or drawings of the actual locations, including interiors.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment