Thursday, November 13, 2014

location based encouragement to use social media

Signal and hashtag sign
This sign was in the Wet Tropic World Heritage Area. I like the way they let me know the hashtag, while I was onsite, and how I can connect on facebook. They were efficient on Instagram, as the two images I posted using that hashtag were liked within 24 hours (by this group). There was little mobile coverage in this area,(and mostly no mobile coverage further north) so it was a nice way to let people know about it. I have written blog posts about this before, and I really like location based information.

1 comment:

  1. This is great - it lets you know online interaction is encouraged. I was recently at a fun event in a small town and asked if the venue had a Twitter or Instagram account. They didn't. I live-tweeted anyway and made up a hashtag :)

    ReplyDelete