Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Twitter and society - a review

Twitter and Society (Digital Formations)Twitter and Society by Katrin Weller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It is written to explore the outcomes of different analysis of twitter use and what this can tell us. There are topics ranging from sport, and disasters to journalism and scholarly communication.

Each chapter summary is written as a tweet, complete with relevant hashtags. Most of the writing is collaborative and the majority of authors have twitter accounts which are listed as part of their details at the end of the book.

I am interested in twitter analytics for some of the work that I do and read this book to help my thinking about this. It did. Some of the chapters were very entertaining, and there are many references to follow up. There are parts I will need to reread, but I look forward to to this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment